Accepting Resume’s: Full time Head Brewer position for Katabatic Brewing Company
The Head Brewer is responsible for every aspect of managing, operating and maintenance of the production side of the brewery.
• Filing all state and federal excise reports and brewers report of operations
• CIP and maintain all brew house and cellar vessels
• Clean beer lines and maintain draft equipment on site and at outside accounts
• Build a Mug Club in the tasting room
• Host brewers dinners on and off site
• Hold beer classes, pre-shift and store meetings to educate staff about company beers and planned events
• Forecast sales and production for all company beers
• Fill kegs for outside accounts and tasting room guests
• Create recipes for seasonal brews
• Participate in regional beer events and festivals including the Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup
• Establish tasting panel to insure consistent quality of all company beers
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Cleaning and sanitation of all equipment in the brewery
· Brewing recipes to specifications, and ability to develop recipes. Awards for beers a plus!
· Yeast management and propagation
· Monthly detailed inventory
· Weekly production accounting, overseeing budgets and expenses for department
· Mentoring to all employees on the brewing process and beer education
· Cutting controllable costs and maintaining a profitable brewery
· Use of proper and safe chemical handling techniques
· Safety Protocols and OSHA compliance
· Fill server shifts in the sample room as needed
· Ability to work flexible shifts
This is a full time salaried position with benefits. We acknowledge the importance of an outstanding head brewer and are interested in offering top candidates the potential for profit sharing in the company. The brewer position will receive a The
There is no relocation assistance provided for this position.
Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.